OUR CAMP PROGRAM
OUR SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
Our summer camp programs runs June through July. Blue Ridge Christian Camp, Inc. would be delighted to serve your child this summer. We are committed to sharing our Christian faith with campers and to minister to the mental, spiritual, physical, and social needs of each camper. We will provide for each camper the means to discover a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ in the perfect environment: God's great outdoors! If you have any questions about our program, please call us at 540-639-9147 or email the camp manager,
CAMP CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 3 P.M. SUNDAY AFTERNOONS. DORMS WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL 3 P.M. CAMPERS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN DORMS UNTIL THE CHECK-IN PROCESS IS COMPLETE. PLEASE BRING INSURANCE CARD AND ANY ADDITIONAL MONEY TO HELP EXPEDITE THE CHECK-IN PROCESS.
For directions and contact information, please click the word "DIRECTIONS" found at the bottom of the far left column, below the dotted line.
JIM BLAND SCHOLARSHIP FUND: If the camp registration fee would keep you from attending a week of camp, you may apply for a Bland scholarship. No later than May 1, send a letter with your name, address and phone numberexplaining why you would like to attend camp to: Bland Scholarship/Blue Ridge Christian Camp, 1751 Sterling Dr, McCoy, VA
DAILY SCHEDULE AND PROGRAM INFORMATION
Mornings typically include devotions and breakfast around 8-8:30, followed by clean-up, Bible classes and missions. Afternoons often include rest time, team meetings, group recreation, and swimming. Evenings usually consist of vespers, evening activities and recreation, canteen, and campfire. Bedtime is around 10-11:30. Obviously, significant variations to this schedule may arise depending on the particular day’s agenda, the activities planned, the age of the campers, the type of camp, etc.
If a camper desires to be baptized at camp, the dean will: 1) phone parents for permission and 2) phone the camper’s minister or home church inviting them to participate. (No phone calls for this purpose will be made after 11:00 PM.) BRCC Baptismal Certificates will be issued by the dean.
For the protection of campers and respect for the continuity of the camp program, visitors are asked to call the camp prior to arrival. Visitors are requested to check in and register with the Camp Manager upon arrival. Should you arrive at meal time and wish to eat, a donation is appreciated.
Blue Ridge Christian Camp, Inc. is not responsible for items left behind, lost, or stolen. After 30 days, unclaimed items become property of BRCC and will be given to needy families or charitable organizations.
Mail to Campers
Camper’s Name, BRCC, P.O. Box 428, McCoy, VA 24111. Campers may be reached through the camp office (540) 639-9147 in case of an emergency. Campers may not be reached by email.
GENERAL CAMP RULES
1. Each camper is under the authority of the camp staff/faculty during their session.
2. Campers may not leave the grounds except during supervised camp activities and/or with consent form signed by parents.
3. Each camper is expected to conduct himself/herself in a Christian manner, and will not bring to camp nor use anything which will pollute his/her mind or body or another's.
4. Please leave at home any books or reading material that is not specifically Christian in nature.
5. Campers are not allowed to have cell phones, iPods/mp3 players, radios, handheld game devices, iPads or other similar electronic equipment during camp.
6. Campers will conform to the camp dress code which is casual, modest, and not worldly. Campers must wear shoes at all times. Girls must wear modest one-piece bathing suits only. Counselors have the authority to ask campers to change questionable clothing.
7. No swimming unless a BRCC lifeguard is on duty.
8. Food is not to be used for practical jokes or mail-call humor.
9. Please respect the camp property. Campers will be held responsible for unnecessary damage or breakage.
10. Campers are not permitted to make phone calls unless it is an emergency as determined by the dean or Camp Manager.
Blue Ridge Christian Camp, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is owned and operated by the Churches of Christ/Christian Churches of SW Virginia and members of the Christian Camp and Conference Association . Campers are accepted at BRCC regardless of race, sex, religion, age, color, or national origin.